God, in his infinite wisdom, knew people would seek after false "gods", follow "excitement" and be led astray by those with silver tongues. Even Early man worshipped Baal, sacrificed babies to Molech, and worshiped "gods" of stone and gold. Pagans worshiped the creation and named it Gaia or Mother Earth. God did say in his Word that there would come false teachers and antichrists.
They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen. (Romans 1:25)
Look around you, there are environmental nuts who worship creation, and who will save an eagle's egg, and then not care about children starving next door to them, or the millions of babies aborted. And the PETA people, who say "Meat is Murder", even though God clearly says to take dominion over the earth, and to eat whatever we want, as long as we give thanks for it.
Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. (2 John 1:7)
Look at the above for those who have set dates and called themselves "Christ".
So, why do people fall for these lies? Especially people who call themselves Christians?
1. People are Lazy! It is much easier for people to leave their spiritual walk and growth in the hands of someone else. It is much more convenient to have someone tell you what God's Word says, and what God expects, rather than challenge yourself and actually do some research. There are way more important things to do, like manage that fantasy football team or watch Dancing With The Stars.
2. People are Willfully Ignorant! EVERYTHING we need to know, God gave us in his Word. To the fools that followed Harold Camping...the Word clearly says "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." (Matthew 24:36). Kind of takes care of the May 21, 2011 thing, HUH! David wrote, "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." (Psalm 119:11) Simple but powerful. People have NO excuse for following these false profits. God has already provided the answer to their nonsense!
3. Many are Lacking in Wisdom and Discernment! God has promised to guide our paths, and we have the Holy Spirit to " ...guide you into all truth" (John 16:13) and "... if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5). God is alive and actively wanting to participate in our lives, and to guide our decisions and paths. But we must humble ourselves, and ask for his help! Wisdom enables us to "know a tree by it's fruits" (Matthew 7:16) and the Holy Spirit helps us to "test EVERY spirit" (1 John 4:1). He gives us these answers through our conscience, the still small voice inside, and through the wisdom contained in his Word, The Bible.
In conclusion, a lot of pain, heartache and unnecessary aggravation can be avoided in our life by: simply using the tools God gave us, getting off of our butts and actually opening the bible. Finally, by spending some quality time getting to know God.
Next Blog: The Gospel According to Myself.
Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (1 Timothy 4:1)
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. (1 John 4:1)
We are in perilous times. The Bible tells us that not everyone who proclaims the name of Jesus, is truly sent of God. There are many preachers in this age that are presenting a gospel that is not of God. Preachers who focus on Money and wealth, while neglecting sin and Hell. There are some who are teaching that we need to remove Crosses, not preach on sin, and come together with Islam. Those who say there is no Hell, and that all will go to heaven. WOW! So what do we do? Our first defense is knowing the word of God!
8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:7-10 New King James Version) (NKJV)
Sometimes it just seems like God isn't there! There is trouble brewing.....Where is he? What is he doing? Has he abandoned me? Does he even care? If he is God, why is he allowing this to happen?
Sound Familiar? We have all been there at one time or another. So then why does God allow us to screw up and make poor choices? Whey does he allow those trials and "thorns in our side" to go on for what seems like forever?
When things are going great.......when we are prospering at work, the family is doing well, we have a strong group of friends....... We don't seem to need God. Ever had those times when Life is so crazy busy that you seem to have less and less time for God? Or when you are making money, paying the bills, and have lots left over for fun, you don't need to rely on God to supply your needs. When you have lots of friends, and are having fun, you don't seem to need to talk to God as much.
Sometimes God allows these things to go, to prove that we NEED him, that we LOVE him, and to remind us that it is only when we are fully abiding in him that we are truly successful.....for HIS glory rather than ours! When things are less than ideal, and the world is crumbling around us, and we are persecuted and lonely, we will run to God, and spend time with him. It is in those times of trouble and weakness that we allow God to take control, and really shine in our lives. It is during these times that the POWER of God is shown, and when things change and improve, it brings glory to HIM!
So when things aren't going right, and the chips are down....Turn back to God, give up your control of life, so that HE can shine! For when we are weak, truly we are strong!
Bob stood on the corner by the Bus stop. For over 20 years, he stood in the same spot, handing out Gospel tracts to everyone who passed by. Bob was shy man. He never preached or prayed with anyone to receive the Lord, he just passed out his tracts faithfully.
In his later years, Bob became very ill. On his death bed, he told his wife how ashamed he was of himself. For years, so many people had crossed his path, but he never saw a soul come to know Christ
Later in that week he received a visit from a man he did not recognize. The man introduced himself as was a missionary to South America. He spoke to Bob about the miracles he has seen in South America, and the thousands of people who had come to know Jesus. Bob appreciated his work, and communicated to the man that he wished he has made such a contribution to the kingdom.
The missionary told Bob that he had visited him today because he heard about his medical condition. He told Bob that when he was a teenager, he was lost and ready to commit suicide, but he received a tract from Bob. He went on to say how he read that tract that night, and gave his life to Jesus. He hugged Bob and thanked him for his service.
A short while later, Bob passed away. At his funeral were many people who came to pay respects to the man, from whose tireless efforts, provided the word of God, which convicted many to be saved.
God's word is powerful. The scriptures tell us that, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:26). Even if you are shy, or have trouble speaking to others, you can still contribute to the great commission. The word of God is powerful to convict, and even through a tract (booklet or pamphlet containing the gospel message) God can convict and lead people to himself.
Here are some ideas, on how to effectively use Tracts:
1. leave tracts in places that people will find them, such as Bus Stops, seats in a movie theatre, Restrooms, park benches, Newspaper vending machines, Grocery stores, Mall benches, or anywhere there is traffic.
2. Find a busy street, or transit station and hand them out to people who pass by.
3. At restaurants, Leave a tracts for your server (make sure you leave a good tip with it)
4. Include tracts in business and personal letters, bill payments, or in books you loan to friends.
5. Give tracts to people at Fast food drive thru windows.
These are just a few suggestions, we welcome your comments and stories of how you have effectively used tracts!
The official Christian Culture blog of Grok Radio!